When your website has a problem, using a WordPress support company can be a quick, easy way to resolve the issue. But it’s important to compare your options carefully, because not all support companies will be suited for your needs.
For example, should you hire a solo WordPress expert or a larger WordPress consultant agency? Or maybe your website issue is buried deep in the code, requiring the help of a WordPress developer?
Each provider will operate slightly differently (and offer different services and pricing), so you need to find the best fit for you. Here’s how to do it by asking 4 simple questions.
1) What is the actual problem you need help with?
Regardless of what kind of WordPress expert you hire, you will need to be able to clearly define the problem. In doing so, this will also help you narrow your options to a WordPress consultant or support company that is right for your situation.
Be prepared with the following information:
- What the problem is (what it looks like or how you experience it)
- Any error messages
- When the problem started
- Which version of WordPress you’re using
- Which theme you’re using (and version number)
- List of plugins installed
- Your WordPress login information
2) Is it a one-off problem, or do you need ongoing support from a WordPress expert?
WordPress support can get pricy. Some companies may charge hundreds of dollars to resolve a single issue. And, if you need support again in the future, you’ll be charged for each additional issue.
For most businesses, it is far more cost-efficient to use a subscription-based support service like WP Tangerine. This allows you to submit as many support tasks (and other website requests) as you want each month, for a flat monthly fee.
3) How does pricing work?
Is there a flat fee for each support issue you submit? Hourly rate? What if the WordPress developer can’t resolve it quickly – is there a limit on the max hours you’ll be charged?
Be sure to get pricing upfront, so there are no surprises. And again, it may make more financial sense to use a monthly WP support service, which allows you to choose the best plan for your needs and get ongoing support whenever you need it.
4) How much experience do they have?
This question is important, because anybody can claim they are a “WordPress expert” – but do they actually have the experience to back it up?
Before you hire, confirm the following:
- How long the company has been in business
- How many WordPress sites they’ve worked on
- Who their clients are
- What kinds of issues they help with
Ideally, you want to make sure that the company has experience with the specific type of issue you need help with. This will ensure that they can resolve the problem quickly.
Need Help Now? Our WordPress Experts are Here for You.
WP Tangerine provides unlimited WordPress support for a flat, affordable monthly fee. This allows you to submit as many support requests as you want each month, along with other requests, including site changes, graphic creation, site speed optimization and more. It’s like having the support of a full WordPress development agency to grow and manage your website, for a fraction of the cost. Select a plan to get the support you need.
- Four Signs You Need Unlimited WordPress Support
- Reasons To Get WordPress Support For Your Website
- Help! WordPress Site Hacked. Need WordPress Support? Follow These WordPress Help Tips
- ‘Secret’ to Getting WordPress Support Anytime You Need It
- WordPress Support: 7 Things to Avoid When You Need Support
- WordPress Support: What to Do When Your Site Goes Down