As a busy business owner, you have too much on your plate to worry about your website every day. Hiring a WordPress expert is one of the best things you can do to free up your time and focus on big-picture growth strategies.
The problem is – finding the right WordPress expert can be difficult when you don’t know where to look.
If you get stuck with the wrong person or team, it can set you back in several ways:
- Their inexperience can hurt your website’s performance, design and security
- Overpriced WordPress services will blow your budget
- Unresponsive vendors will take forever to provide the help you need
- The more problems they cause, the more it will cost you to resolve them
It doesn’t have to be this way.
Using a true WordPress expert team should fuel your growth, not derail it. A skilled WordPress professional can vastly improve your site, while handling all the little everyday tasks and support requests along the way.
Here’s how to find one.
So, Where Do I Find a WordPress Expert?
Chances are you’ll start your search with a simple Google query for “WordPress expert.” But given the thousands of results you’ll get, here’s how to quickly narrow your options:
1) Look for a team of WordPress experts
A single WordPress freelancer is usually not enough. A team of experts like WP Tangerine will be faster and more flexible, so you can blaze through your website to-dos in hours, not days or weeks.
2) Be cautious using crowdsourcing sites
Crowdsourcing sites are flooded with freelancers around the world who often have little experience, despite claiming to be “experts.” If their rates seem too good to be true, then they probably are.
3) Think beyond one-off projects
Maybe you only need help with one task right now, but what about next week or the week after that? Often, you’ll spend more hiring a WordPress expert to do a single job than you would by using a flat-rate monthly service like WP Tangerine’s. With a subscription service, you get the WordPress help you need right now, plus all the future projects and website issues that are bound to come up later.
How to Choose the Right Expert
Okay, so you’ve narrowed your list down to a handful of WordPress experts. How do you know which one is best?
Here’s what to look for:
- Experience: Always verify that the developer has the specific experience and skills you’re looking for. Look for a proven track record (samples, client lists, etc.). Check our guide on how to Hire a WordPress developer for different projects.
- WordPress Service offering & specializations: Do they actually specialize in the service you need? Whether you need WordPress support, WordPress design, custom WordPress development, SEO or something else, it’s critical that they have the expertise you want. This is another reason why we recommend hiring a team, to ensure that there are multiple professionals to help with every possible WordPress need.
- Pricing: Does it fit your budget? What’s included? What if you have additional needs after the first project is complete? While every business has different budgetary concerns, you need to make sure you’re getting value for your money.
Get the WordPress Expert You Deserve
At WP Tangerine, we have a full team of skilled WordPress experts, programmers, and consultants to help with all aspects of your website. Start with a free expert website analysis to see how we can enhance your site, take care of all your WordPress needs and free up your time for more important things.